Sunday, September 5, 2010

my first blog post....

I decided to start this blog to document by study abroad experiences in Kenya and Tanzania. While there I'll be studying the wildlife, environment, and culture. Now, I've always found blogging to be a little self-indulgent, but I thought this would be a good way for my family and friends to see what I'm up to in Africa. 

So, at the moment I don't have much to blog about. I'm leaving for Kenya tomorrow and have a lot of last minute things to do. I'll be traveling for two days and taking three planes to reach my final destination: Kenya! I leave from Detroit to New Jersey, then to London, and finally Kenya. I'll be arriving to Kenya on September 8th, which just so happens to be my birthday :) I don't think it's hit me yet that I'm leaving tomorrow, but I'm sure when I get to the airport i'll be getting that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. As of right now though, I'm filled with excitement and can't wait to be in AFRICA. 

I'll be spending my last day with someone i'll miss a whole lot..... my dog Bartley :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lexi!

    I will be praying for you while you are enjoying this great adventure! While you're there, one of our friends is in Kenya. If you run into a young woman named Megan Kleber, give her a big hug for me. She is the daughter of a lady from our church. Megan is involved in women's health care in Kenya. I believe she is involved in the building of a hospital specifically for women.

    Blessings, Christine Siler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Lex!

    Love, Siggie, Tom, and Eric :)

    ReplyDelete